Several of you have asked how I produce my audio and sound for video and wanted to know the exact settings and gear that I use. In this episode, I run through my workflow for capturing dialogue. This is not meant as a recipe, but as a starting point–sort of a practical example that will hopefully answer some of the nitty gritty real-life questions that usually are not covered in audio training. Please leave any questions in the comments so we can answer those as well!
You can buy the gear I use over at Amazon:
Audio Technica AT899 Mic
This video was shot with the following:
– Canon 60D body
– Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens
– VisionColor picture style
– Rode NTG-2 Shotgun microphone
– Tascam DR-100 mk II field recorder
– Shure SM-58 Dynamic Microphone
– Golden Age Project Pre-73 mk II Preamplifier
– Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP Audio Interface
All music by and copyrighted by Curtis Judd.